Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My Favorite Get Home Bag Contents

Everyone talks about bug out bags, but honestly people seem to confuse them all the time with the other bags preppers have or wish they had. Get Home Bag, Bug Out Bag, Everyday Carry, 72 Hour Kit, 36 Hour Kit, IFAK - Individual First Aid Kit, Car Kit, Etc -- So many bags all telling their own stories. 

I have a bug out bag. It carries implements I'd find useful if I needed to hunt, fish, make shelter, fix injuries out in the bush, sew, repair tools, carry water, carry injured friends, see in the dark, cook in the woods, etc... It is a bag meant in my opinion to sustain long term camping - and I modeled it off what a friend took on a hunting/fishing trip he was going on that was going to take him off the grid for 4 weeks..

A GHB is different - for me it covers everything in a 72 hr kit and has an IFAK. It's designed around (for me) an up to 60 mile trip home, over 3 days, walking. No idea what I'd face. It has basic tools, food, ammo, a handgun, some cash, meds/ifak, spare sneakers/socks/underwear, 5 different ways to make fire, mylar sleeping bags, wipes, and some other things. Below I'll show you some.


-.50oz Fruit Roll Ups
-.84oz Quaker Chewy (chocolate) Granola Bars
-0.9oz Welch's Fruit Snacks
-1.2oz Kashi (fruit) Granola Bars
-1.5oz MRE Cheese, Peanut Butter, Jelly
-1.5oz Beef and Cheese Stick combos
-2.1oz Easy Mac Pouches
-3oz Tuna Salad Pouches
-3oz Top Ramen (not my thing, but its usually in one)
-4oz Flavored Mashed Potatoes Pouches
-5oz Knorr Rice Sides (omg  steak fajita)
-7oz Tyson Chicken Breast Pouch (3 yr expiry)
-11oz Old El Paso Flour Tortillas (from taco kit, not fridge section)
-11oz Family Size Tuna Pouch (holds 5 cans per pouch $2.50 at www.walmart.com/ip/13398009 - purchase with other items, once $50 in cart you get free shipping)
-11oz Bear Creek Soups (90% are just add water)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being apart of the discussion, and as always, stay prepared.